- Most visitors, whether for sightseeing or business purposes, need to apply for a China visa in advance, unless they are eligible for visa exemption policies. The necessary documents for a China visa application include a passport, an application form, a recent bareheaded photo, round-trip tickets, a travel itinerary and any other documents as required by the Chinese embassy or consulate. The cost varies in different countries.
- Before working out your China travel plan, it is important to check whether you are covered by the visa-free policies in China.
- Step 1: Collect all the documents you need, including a passport valid for at least six months and with blank pages and a fully type-written China visa application form. If applying for a tourist visa, round-trip tickets and hotel bookings are also required. If you have booked a tour with a China agency, they will issue you with an invitation letter, which will be of great help to smooth the process.
- Step 2: Make an appoinment with Chinese embassy, consulate, or Chinese Visa Application Service Center (CVASC) and submit all documents at the appoinmented time.
- Step 3: Collect your passport and visa on the date shown on the pick-up slip and pay the fee. You may be required to pay the fee when submitting the application.
▶ Visa Information
▶ How to apply for China visa?
In normal cases, the application takes four working days to process. If you use urgent service, you may get the visa on the same day you submit the application. If using express service, you need to wait for two or three working days. Should your demand for fast service get refused, it is advised to start preparing the visa early to avoid delays and complications.
For more information check the Chinese Embassy website in your country.
▶ Important information regarding invitation letters (please read):
- The invitation letter will be issued after the successful registration.
- Your name must be listed exactly as it appears on your passport. Any differences between the name on your passport and the name on your invitation letter or other documentation could lead to a delay and/or denial of your visa.
- Please note ICICSE Conferences and the organizing committee of the conference are not authorized to assist with the VISA process beyond providing the Notification of Invitation Letter issued by ICICSE Conferences and conference Committee Board. Should your application be denied, ICICSE Conferences and the organizing committee of the conference cannot change the decision of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, nor will ICICSE Conference and the organizing committee of the conference engage in discussion or correspondence with the MOFA or the Embassy on behalf of the applicant. The registration fee cannot be refunded when the VISA application of individual being denied.
- It takes time for the Embassy to process the VISA application, please register as early as you can to make sure you have enough time.